Thursday, March 11, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy



Whew! It has been a while, hasn't it?!

I have been incredibly busy teaching :) I FINALLY had the chance to teach Home Economics (yah! sewing!!) and I have been teaching the most wonderful elementary class for the last three weeks! Between marking, lesson planning and motherly duties I haven't had much time to work on any of my sewing projects. Nevertheless, Spring Break has arrived and I am looking forward to getting back to business! My main goal is to finish Ethan's summer quilt. I have 1/2 of the squares sewn on and I bought the fabric for binding so its all down hill from here, right?!

I did manage to start (and finish!) a quilted wall hanging which turned out quite wonderfully, if I do say so myself! Last month our School District had a professional development day, I was lucky enough to be invited to attend a watercolour quilted wallhanging workshop put on by a local Home Economics teacher.

I decided to do the floral wreath pattern (the other choice was a floral heart shape). I had some beautiful Amy Butler fabric at home that worked well with the pattern. This was also my first time sewing on a binding...NO ONE told me you had to hand sew the binding to the back of the quilt! My fingers did not enjoy that part but here is what the quilt looked like when it was finished:





No comments:

Post a Comment