Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Autumn

Illustration By Nan Lawson


This time of year is always bittersweet for me. I love that the nights are getting cooler. I love that soon I will be picking apples and pumpkins from Davison Orchard. I love the fact that I can start planning/sewing Ethan's halloween costume. Nevertheless, I will miss the warm, lazy days of summer.

But out with the old and in with the new...

Earlier in the summer I picked up a fall wall hanging kit from Cottage Rose Quilt Shop in Cranbrook. The pattern is very country and not really my style but for under $40 I was sold! The pattern also let me try out my applique skills (the pumpkin and stem were easy but the beak on the bird was murder). For those of you looking to try applique I suggest using Appli-Glue...it saved my butt.





No comments:

Post a Comment